Monday, May 07, 2007

Wallpaper, Lil' Ghouls ™



I made this to use as a background for my myspace page. It makes an okay screensaver too. I've been messing around more and more with kinda straight-forward design 'tasks', for lack of a better term. I do this with the idea in the back of my head that I should be trying to work in design/illustration. I know I won't get work doing brush and ink drawings of hovering mutated eyeballs, so I'm messing around with simpler deals.
Here are a few little wacom/photoshop guys.Really simple and pretty fun.




6 comments:

Paleo said...

Weird the calm feeling i got from the screensaver one, i spaced out looking at it (more than usual)

I love the lil' critters, have you thought of doing a baroque alphabet using these kind of monsters? you know, shape 'em like an A, B, C etc. S is a serpent, natch!

Luke P. said...

That's a great idea! I was thinking about doing a deck of playing cards or something..

Aeron said...

Great stuff, The cartoon organic reality mixed in with the rorschach ink blots is a fantastic combination. And I love the grotesque nature of these beast symbol things. They look like they'd be perfect for a flip book where you mix and match parts of the face for others. But something straight forward like a deck of cards would be perfect for these. You've probably already seen this but I'll bring it up again in case you missed it. I'm sure these will prove inspiring.

http://www.spamula.net/blog/2006/06/faces_of_the_grotesque_1.html
http://www.spamula.net/blog/2005/09/neuw_grottessken_buch.html

SEAN said...

good stuff luke! i like the iconic feeling of those monsters!

Anonymous said...

The green creature is particularly cool! very beautifull.

Ray Frenden said...

Thanks for posting the wallpaper. Something finally usurped the Steve Zissou image I'd been using forever and a day.