Sunday, July 26, 2009

Laser Printers

Hey EBD’ers. I hope everyone is having a pleasant and safe summer so far. All the recent posts have been excellent…

Anyhow…I could use a little insight. I’m looking to buy a quality b&w laser printer. I’m hoping to get a 1200 x 1200 dpi. What I really need it for is to print black & white art and graphics, including some intricate line art. And I’m not terribly concerned with the printing speed. I was thinking HP. But after reading some reviews, what concerns me is that the newest models are very flawed. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~~~Marc

2 comments:

SEAN said...

Marc, i've got an HP Laserjet 4L warhorse. It's older than hell but it does the job. Nice blacks. Almost never needs new toner. Nice resolution. I love it. You can probably get them for dirt cheap because they're old.

Aeron said...

As with Sean, I have my own war horse of a printer that has gotten a vast amount of use and still runs great. I have a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1220C with a maximum print range of 13 x 19 inches. I've printed some really beautiful solid blacks for many prints on it.

I'm not sure given the cost of printer ink, quality paper, etc, if having something printed at a good print shop might be more cost effective though. I've burned through color and black ink cartridges at 40 bucks each, which really adds up over time!