Saturday, September 24, 2011





Hello

I want to show you my 10th scraperboard... I'm still experimenting, trying to manage different wishes, so feel free to give me advice!

Friends of mine told me to stop before doing the background, because after that I will have to much white... But I think it's better like that, more complete... Of course maybe I could have manage this better! It was difficult, even if I found a good solution to draw a sketch on the board, so maybe it's too much... Also that's my biggest piece of this, 25x32cm...

I think I found something of my own, but feel like I'm still unexperienced enough yet...

I post different picture because of my difficulties to obtain good levels

2 comments:

Marcel Ruijters said...

Hey, that background used to be black last time I checked... ;-)
It looks good online! I thought a large format like that might collapse when reduced to 72 dpi.

alkbazz said...

Yep, I first tried to let it black, but still think its better like that?

I had difficulties to manage the scan & levels, so I saved it as a 300dpi file, 700px... I'll try to make a new file with more light in it, more than the original, to see what happens. I need to keep the grey cause without them the '3D' don't work. Sometimes I do things thinking of printing but for this one I made it as a scraperboard, without consideration for reproduction. So, I need to considere the file as something different...

wanna start a new one!